1.18.2010

"Julie and Julia"


Awhile back I watched the movie "Julie and Julia" and it inspired me to get out of my current rut of making the same mediocre food, and start coming up with something, amazing, something that made your mouth water just thinking about it. I wanted to start making something that excited me.
Watching the scene were Julie makes the Bruschetta, made my mouth water. I was bound and determined to find that recipe. Good Ol' Google helped me do it and I found a lady who had attended the filming of that scene with a friend who worked on the set and she wrote down the recipe. So here is my glorious find. It is mouth watering, and quick and easy and absolutely delish!

Bruschetta With Tomatoes and Basil

Ingrediants:
-1 Loaf French Baguette
-1 Clove Garlic, cut in half
-1 1/4 pound (8) ripe tomatoes seeded and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
-2 Tablespoons fresh Basil leaves thinly sliced
-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions:
-In a small bowl, gently toss, Tomato, Basil, Oil, Salt, and Pepper, until combined.

-Heat up pan on oven with 2tablespoons of Oil. Let it heat up slice bread diagonally into scant 1/2 inch thick slices.

-Place bread in oil until grilled on both sides, take them out of the pan until the bread is cooled enough to handle, rub 1 side of each toast slice with garlic.

To Serve:
Spoon 1 TBS of Tomato mixture on Garlic rubbed side of each toast slice, and Bon Appetite.

I Love to hear if you have tried this recipe, let me know if you tried it and if you want to take pictures of your finished product, let me know, and I will feature you on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this... I'm so excited to try it, I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY trying it- want the cookbook- ADORE the movie!

    ReplyDelete